MFGG Forums
Stuff you did in 2019 - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Stuff you did in 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2210)

Stuff you did in 2019 - VinnyVideo - 12-28-2019

Tell me about all the deeds you did in 2019! My year was certainly interesting.

Real Life Stuff I Did
  • Got a girlfriend for a few months but went back to being "just friends" (we still talk every day though)
  • Left my old scrum team to work on different projects with several other teams
  • Got a nice pay raise in January
  • Earned a technical certification in Java just for kicks
  • Volunteered at several different IT events and led three different presentations
  • Finally bought a DSLR; got a photo featured in the newspaper
  • Got better about moving the body (and lost a few pounds by accident)
  • Made progress on financial matters
  • Fixed/gave away/tossed the random broken stuff in my room
  • Upgraded my wardrobe

MFGG/Online Stuff I Did
Stuff I Didn't Do
  • I failed to make any progress on anything resembling music. Oh well.

RE: Stuff you did in 2019 - SonicKade2048 - 01-02-2020

2011 to now has been a vast rollercoaster of emotions, wins and losses, and overall growth for me. My memory may be fragile on some things, but I'll never forget the best times of my life. Here's a list of the good (as well as bad) stuff that happened to me over these awesome years.

(Note: Not in any particular order.)

2011 - 2013
  • Made a Roblox account by the name of bouncywheel10. I'm surprised at how long ago that was, I thought I made it in 2013 or 2012.
  • Discovered Scratch and made some friends right off the bat. Yoshi77 and Puch88 (now known as Aqua the Yoshi and PucciPuppy) are two of the best people I've known.
  • Created Cloud Puff and Thunder Bolt, two special OCs I'll always keep near my heart.
  • Started finding interest in the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic franchise. I thought it was kind of kooky at first, but it would soon begin to grow on me. Fast.
  • Found interest in role-playing. It would soon become my biggest hobby ever, as well as open new doors for me.
I don't remember much else from this time frame. It was mostly a cycle of "do the same thing every day until you find something new".

2014 - 2016
  • Began making more and more Scratch projects that would spring out of random ideas I had. Whether it be from "Remixing" another person's project or creating something crazy, I would soon get up to 700 projects in the future.
  • Made another Roblox account to try and bypass a ban from a MLP role-playing game. I wasn't sticking to the rules of "be a pony character or get lost", but my username of "KirbyMorphs4MLPRP" should be obvious of who I exactly was. Note: it was Kirby.
  • Discovered a Paper Mario role-playing community called The Paper Mario Role-Players (which would later be rebranded as Paper Mario Stories). I met some nice new people, but also some troublesome ones.
  • Discovered another community based on a game called Sonic 2 RP. They were a small bunch of people, most likely younger than I am/was. I have some nice friends there, but I wouldn't really like what'd happen down the road.
  • Made a fan-character named Kirb, who, down the road, would be my best OC ever. We'll get to that later.
  • Joined MFGG. Despite my unlikable behavior to some, even though a select couple of others played along with it during my "introduction", I look back at it now and cringe a bit. Part of me still likes it, though. It appears kind of funny.
  • Discovered how far my role-playing strategies could go as I kept buffing Kirb to the maximum level. I didn't even know what "being OP (over-powered)" meant, so I just went with it until people said I was making him too strong.
  • Found talent in art, as I started making art of Kirb -- or rather, both Kirbs. He had a Shy Guy form and Koopa Troopa form, as due to story/lore reasons, they're from separate timelines. It sounded cooler in my head back then.
  • Realized how far people would "accept" my bad attitude in MFGG and elsewhere. I was clueless about how people would act towards someone who was mentally a child (no offense to autistic people), so I ended up having one-too-many meltdowns online. This went on for a long time.
  • Watched a lot of Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, and Nickelodeon. Both live-action / reality shows and cartoons entertained me.
  • Found out about the Discord app. My mind was blown despite not knowing what Skype or TeamSpeak was at the time.
Similar to the previous section, my memory's getting fuzzy here. This is all I can think of.

• Found out about UNDERTALE. Little did I know it'd become my favorite indie game of all-time, despite being two years late to the party.
  • Discovered SiIvaGunner. Enough said.
  • Got in trouble with some Discord users left and right, mostly relating to MFGG and other communities.
  • Got a 1-year ban from the phpBB forums for getting a 100% warning level. Man, I was really messed up, wasn't I?
  • Drew more and more art of Kirb and got a slightly-better design down. Though, I knew a green color and different mask wasn't enough. I needed to go higher.
  • Made my own UNDERTALE "alternate universe" where every pair of characters was fused into one. The designs I had in mind kind of worked. Chisk would later become a hit character, though.
  • Realized how far I could go with my "appreciation" for My Little Pony. I turned Twilight Sparkle into my imaginary friend due to my crippling loneliness in real life, having her walk around with me while I had someone to talk to. It sounds dumb, yeah, but what else was I supposed to do? I was shy as heck.
  • Decided to add Asriel Dreemurr from UNDERTALE to my lore with Kirb the Shy Guy, who still didn't have a last name yet. They became a "Mario & Luigi" duo from there, copying their Bros. Moves and turning them into "Duo Moves". I tried putting my own spin on them to make them more original, but I never got close to finishing my concepts back then.
  • Joined more and more Discord servers to make more and more friends. I may look back and see if I can join them again.
  • Got in trouble a lot of times with PMS staff members, but the issues were much bigger than that. Some of the staff were straight-up jerks, though I'll leave their usernames out of here for safety reasons.
  • Started to get closer and closer to some people as time went on, realizing I can actually trust people over online communication.
  • Started uploading songs to YouTube made with BeepBox. Kirb: Adventure in Funland would spark a bigger thing than I imagined.
2017 was getting to the point of no return. Either I was going to make a mark and be happy, or start falling apart and never get put back together. I didn't realize much of this until next year.

• Joined a friend's Discord server called Aetheran Legends. Best experience I've had by far, hands down. It's continuing to this day, even.
  • Kept building on Kirb's -- or rather, Kade's -- character design and features a heck of a lot, even giving him "alternate universe forms" of his own. I parodied a lot of stuff, from Danny Phantom to Sonic Underground. It was wild, I tell ya.
  • Also started working on the other designs and characteristics of my other characters. The Koopa Troopa, Kurson, would be re-established as a "guardian" of Kade. He'd still be Kade from a different timeline, but Kade himself wouldn't know it. Chisk, on one hand, would become more "knowing" of the world around them. They'd explore around wherever they could go, sometimes following Kade and/or Kurson. Asriel, though? He vanished every now and then from the story. Aetheran Legends gave me some chances to bring him back, but I'll save those stories and more for another thread.
  • Got my year-long MFGG ban let up early; thanks again, Vinny. Even though I'm still not in a good position, I think I'm getting better slowly but surely (despite how big some "road bumps" may be).
  • Discovered more fan-games on MFGG that were fun to play. Super Mario Bros. Dimensions is a classic, as well as Psycho Waluigi.all
  • Started getting into pixel-based art prior to this as well. It wasn't that easy at first, but I believe I'm making my way up in a good way.
  • Kept uploading songs to YouTube, even if I didn't get that much criticism and went off of my own preference(s). I had fun, though.
  • Figured out what depression was. Dread, anxiety, and more kept building as time went on, making me feel like a horrible person inside, past experiences and all. I never liked yelling at my friends, especially if it was for no good reason. I was a jerk for no reason.
I may be missing some stuff here, but I'll edit this post whenever I come up with something else to add. Now, finally, we reach...

• Made more friends in Aethera as time went on. There's a lot of good people in this world, y'know?
  • Took more interest in a fan-game called Sonic Boll. I even made some fun "skins" for the game, and are currently (despite it being on hiatus right now) developing an arcade Pac-Man skin for the levels *and* player.
  • Got even MORE interested in ROBLOX builds. From battle HUDs to full-on maps, it's really fun to construct things.
  • Started developing better ROBLOX games than I did back then. I was somewhat bad at it, but I kept practicing.
  • Thought deeper about my strange little "liking" to Twilight Sparkle. I ended up throwing her, and a self-insert, into my role-playing lore, too. Now I have an entire (fake) realm built upon the idea of "bringing fantasy characters to life".
  • Stuck around with the Sonic 2 RP community as the game went on. They evolved into a full-on crossover game that went by multiple names. Super Crossover Roleplay, Crystallic Crossover, Chaotic Crossover, all leading up to Chaotiverse Connection RP: Multiverse Mix. While not too many people still visit the game from the "old" community, a few of us manage to have fun role-plays there anyway.
  • Got involved with a "role-play arc" in Aethera that threw a wrench into my plans very heavily. I had some cool things set up for later on in the weeks, or even months, but this "Re-Enchanted" plan was only the start.
  • Decided to give Twilight a design makeover. Different mane style / hairstyle, new way to draw her- I'm going over the top with this, aren't I...?
  • Joined a couple more Paper Mario communities' servers from Roblox on Discord. I even became a moderator in one of them. You'd be surprised how big the Paper Mario community is in Roblox.
  • Invited a school friend into a group chat on Discord. He's the only one online that I know in real life, as sad as it may sound.
  • Got banned from the MFGG Discord server again. My anger issues struck back hard one more time.
  • Took interest in watching the SiIvaGunner: King For Another Day tournament. I even made my own Kade portrait design (and got to listen to some AWESOME music along the way!).
Will edit this section if I remember anything else, too.

All-in-all, this decade may have taken a dive mid-way through, but I'm not ready to give up on all of this just yet. In fact, I'm not giving up at all. I'll keep going with all of these memories and strive to do my absolute hardest to make a name for myself, whether it be for the globe or just a small group of friends. That's not just my 2019, that's my 2011-2019.

RE: Stuff you did in 2019 - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-02-2020

In 2019 I learned that I could stand to open up more to my close friends, that I'm actually handsome and not goblin-like in appearance, and that I tend to undervalue myself in both my work and my relationships. Moving forward I hope to be more confident in myself, and to the raise my standards in relationships because I deserve better. 

As for actual things that happened, I got my first freelance job and I received some recognition in my college and outside of it for my work. I also became closer to my high school friend who I'm in school with now, and I decided to start being nicer to people I don't necessarily like but don't necessarily hate because it makes everything more pleasant. Overall it was a good year in which I've matured a lot despite some poor decisions that I've since learned from.

RE: Stuff you did in 2019 - bearofsquares - 01-02-2020

i didn't really do all that much last year, and i hope i can change that with this new decade.

real life occurrences
  • managed to end off my second year of high school with shockingly good grades
  • realized i wasn't as straight as i once thought
  • got surgery in october for reasons i'd prefer not to discuss
  • began looking into potential colleges
online occurrences
  • made 3 mediocre-at-best fangames (only one of which has been properly released)
  • attempted to join more discord servers as a means of becoming more socially outgoing
  • started working on content to potentially upload on my youtube channel
  • used instagram for the first time in like 4 years

RE: Stuff you did in 2019 - Evan.F - 01-02-2020

(01-02-2020, 03:08 PM)jong Wrote: i didn't really do all that much last year, and i hope i can change that with this new decade.

real life occurrences
  • managed to end off my second year of high school with shockingly good grades
  • realized i wasn't as straight as i once thought
  • got surgery in october for reasons i'd prefer not to discuss
  • began looking into potential colleges
online occurrences
  • made 3 mediocre-at-best fangames (only one of which has been properly released)
  • [font=Tahoma,Geneva,sans-serif]attempted
Technically speaking... you cant have staight lines on a curved surface (i.e the earth)

RE: Stuff you did in 2019 - Hyper - 01-03-2020

Late for this but I felt like 2019 was a rather mixed year of wasted time and also progress

Real life:
- Bought a car I always wanted but not the exact year and trim: 2001 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 with manual transmission
- Got more experiences with my professional career that's about it. I do have to work as part of a team and manage a large project for a company

MFGG:
- Did a lot of work for the MFGG main site software
- Helped Retriever II finding a new host to migrate MFGG (and his other servers) to
- Built 2 fan games: Hello Gun Game and Mario Becomes a Bird

Others:
- Studied a lot of car knowledge and learn how to draw vehicles better

RE: Stuff you did in 2019 - recent - 01-04-2020

graduated high school Big Grin

RE: Stuff you did in 2019 - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 01-05-2020

few things

RE: Stuff you did in 2019 - Yoshin - 01-05-2020

I got a boyfriend in @Thunderbro
Thats about all that really matters

RE: Stuff you did in 2019 - Parakarry - 01-20-2020

This is gonna seem pathetic compared to everyone else, but I drove 60 miles.

I'm the only one in the house who ever has interest in doing ANYTHING that involves going somewhere. Fairs, restaurants, interesting sounding events... it's always by myself. And I feel pretty stiffled sometimes. But driving anything more than like 25 miles away from where I live is scary to me. I would be in Who-knows-what town, and there's a big possibility of something happening with my car, and I find myself stranded in some place I've never visited before, alone and scared.

So this summer I took a rental car (since my car is 20 years old) and I just drove. A good 60 miles, which I was pretty scared of doing. A total of three counties worth of distance. The first day I was there I went to a county fair there I wanted to see. I stayed the night at a hotel, the first time I ever stayed at a hotel by myself. The second day, I went to a water park I had gone to a bunch of years ago but had to be driven to. Many summers in a row I wanted to try to go back there, even if by myself. This summer I did it.

I've seen posts people have made wanting to see a certain place and finding it an easy 3 hour drive. I'm like, how could you just find that EASY? That's a gigantic commitment!

People do this all the time though. For more than something like 60 miles.

And the worst part is... I'm 34.

RE: Stuff you did in 2019 - Hyper - 01-21-2020

(01-20-2020, 06:03 AM)Parakarry Wrote: This is gonna seem pathetic compared to everyone else, but I drove 60 miles.

I'm the only one in the house who ever has interest in doing ANYTHING that involves going somewhere. Fairs, restaurants, interesting sounding events... it's always by myself. And I feel pretty stiffled sometimes. But driving anything more than like 25 miles away from where I live is scary to me. I would be in Who-knows-what town, and there's a big possibility of something happening with my car, and I find myself stranded in some place I've never visited before, alone and scared.

So this summer I took a rental car (since my car is 20 years old) and I just drove. A good 60 miles, which I was pretty scared of doing. A total of three counties worth of distance. The first day I was there I went to a county fair there I wanted to see. I stayed the night at a hotel, the first time I ever stayed at a hotel by myself. The second day, I went to a water park I had gone to a bunch of years ago but had to be driven to. Many summers in a row I wanted to try to go back there, even if by myself. This summer I did it.

I've seen posts people have made wanting to see a certain place and finding it an easy 3 hour drive. I'm like, how could you just find that EASY? That's a gigantic commitment!

People do this all the time though. For more than something like 60 miles.

And the worst part is... I'm 34.
The longest trip I've took in around 1600 miles. Took me around 2 days. I feel confident since I have the knowledge to fix my car if something happened.

I keep my eyes focused on the road, in some cases I drink a can of energy drink.

RE: Stuff you did in 2019 - Yakibomb - 01-26-2020

Oh! I didn't even see this thread.

Stuff I did in 2019
  • Wrote in a personal journal to reconnect with a spiritual part of my self, improve my self-awareness and self esteem.
    • Got over a biiiiig part of some childhood grief about school and work.
  • Established better reputation with my older brother, older sisters, Mom and Dad.
  • I went to college and made some friends.
  • I went to a social gathering by myself!
  • Met a new cat, after our past one crossed the rainbow bridge.
  • Developed my hobbies.
    • Learned how to map in Team Fortress 2 and released a handful of unconventional, experimental maps.
    • Further documented a Super Mario RPG disassembly.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.