MFGG Forums
i need some more help. - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: i need some more help. (/showthread.php?tid=2249)

Pages: 1 2

i need some more help. - Videogamejunkie443 - 02-14-2020

I ported over giant enemies from one Mario engine to the Hello engine, but when Mario picks up a shell, it looks wrong. I know it has something to do with the hitbox, but I don't know how to correct it. Could somebody explain how to resize a hitbox?

RE: i need some more help. - Gate - 02-15-2020

You need to set the y origin of the sprite 16 pixels above the bottom boundary.

RE: i need some more help. - Videogamejunkie443 - 02-15-2020

(02-15-2020, 12:57 AM)Gatete Wrote: You need to set the y origin of the sprite 16 pixels above the bottom boundary.

Oh, good. you're still alive. Could you help me with another problem? I edited in a giant Piranha Plant, but I can't get it to attack me. Do you know why?

RE: i need some more help. - Gate - 02-15-2020

(02-15-2020, 09:03 AM)dreemurr555 Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 12:57 AM)Gatete Wrote: You need to set the y origin of the sprite 16 pixels above the bottom boundary.

Oh, good. you're still alive. Could you help me with another problem? I edited in a giant Piranha Plant, but I can't get it to attack me. Do you know why?

May I see how you have it on the sprite editor

RE: i need some more help. - Videogamejunkie443 - 02-15-2020

(02-15-2020, 02:26 PM)Gatete Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 09:03 AM)dreemurr555 Wrote:

May I see how you have it on the sprite editor
[Image: vIPyaFh.png]

Is this what you would like to see?

RE: i need some more help. - Gate - 03-03-2020

Pardon me for the late reply, I was busy

Try to do this:

On the piranhacus giganticus sprite, set up the y origin back to 0. And then in the object just set it as a blank object and set obj_piranhaplant as the parent object of it.

RE: i need some more help. - Videogamejunkie443 - 03-13-2020

(03-03-2020, 05:24 AM)Gatete Wrote: Pardon me for the late reply, I was busy

Try to do this:

On the piranhacus giganticus sprite, set up the y origin back to 0. And then in the object just set it as a blank object and set obj_piranhaplant as the parent object of it.

So, I've managed to put TONS of enemies in the engine, but I'm having trouble with the giant Koopas (and for that matter, the rest of the new objects I put in/will put in that I need to carry.) Whenever I try to carry the added Koopas through pipes, i get an error:

[Image: AU0BNCtBI2msAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png]

This is what I got when trying to carry a giant Koopa shell through a warp pipe.

I created new shell objects, and I think I need to add something to be able to carry them through pipes, but I don't know what to add or where to add it. If you're still alive, could you help me again?

RE: i need some more help. - Videogamejunkie443 - 03-14-2020

Gatete? you there?

RE: i need some more help. - Mors - 03-15-2020

I think this is what you meant to post
You have to check if the player instance exists before actually referencing it.
Code:
if (instance_exists(obj_mario)) {

//ENTER YOUR CODE HERE

}
Do this with the code that's giving the error.

RE: i need some more help. - Videogamejunkie443 - 03-15-2020

(03-15-2020, 01:45 AM)Mors Wrote: I think this is what you meant to post
You have to check if the player instance exists before actually referencing it.
Code:
if (instance_exists(obj_mario)) {

//ENTER YOUR CODE HERE

}
Do this with the code that's giving the error.
This is useful info, but I don't know where that specific line of code is. There are just so many events in obj_levelmanager. I'm using the Hello Mario Engine. Further help would be appreciated.

RE: i need some more help. - Gate - 03-15-2020

It is said on the error

Create event of obj_shell_held

(03-15-2020, 11:52 AM)Gatete Wrote: It is said on the error

Where, though? And what should i put in?

Can I just give some versions of the Hello Engine I modified to you and have you iron out the issues with the shells? That's the only problem I seem to be having. I should warn you, though... some of the engines have some creepypasta-Esque enemies in it.

I did some pretty good work on the engines. I set the mask of the "piranhicus giganticus" to "same as sprite" and it functions the way I want it to.

there are a set of enemies after the giant green piranha plant that is from a ROM hack made by someone who goes by "enk". it's called "Massimo".  the hack is not for everybody, as the levels are flat and boring, but I plan to use them in the game that I want to create.

I'm planning on forming a team with me as a level designer. but not now.

RE: i need some more help. - Videogamejunkie443 - 03-16-2020

(03-15-2020, 05:38 PM)dreemurr555 Wrote:

Can I just give some versions of the Hello Engine I modified to you and have you iron out the issues with the shells? That's the only problem I seem to be having. I should warn you, though... some of the engines have some creepypasta-Esque enemies in it.

I did some pretty good work on the engines. I set the mask of the "piranhicus giganticus" to "same as sprite" and it functions the way I want it to.

there are a set of enemies after the giant green piranha plant that is from a ROM hack made by someone who goes by "enk". it's called "Massimo".  the hack is not for everybody, as the levels are flat and boring, but I plan to use them in the game that I want to create.

I'm planning on forming a team with me as a level designer. but not now.

Gatete? you there?

RE: i need some more help. - Videogamejunkie443 - 03-16-2020

Mr. Gatete, Can I tell you something? I've wanted to create a game for a LONG time. I wanted it to be like Mushroom Kingdom Fusion, but I understand that my original dream was too big. I made it smaller, but I made the mistake of requesting people to make a team and create my dream game for me. I understand that was a mistake. that left me with 2 options. 1, give up (No.) or 2, ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE. so, I decided that I would try and become a level designer for my project. I've made a few levels a long time ago in a program called Mariobuilder. Making rooms in the hello engine is quite similar to making levels in Mariobuilder, I find. But I have a problem. The only Giant Land enemy I saw included in Hello's Mario Engine was the Sledge Brother. so after editing in my own Sedge brothers inspired by SMW Hacks (mainly Mario vs. Bowser & Mighty No. 9), I decided to try and code them in. They all work perfectly. except I created new shell objects which can't be carried through pipes, and I may be too stupid to figure out what line of code to put where, so I want to give you some of my modified engines to see if you can fix the issues I'm having.

RE: i need some more help. - Gate - 03-17-2020

(03-16-2020, 07:50 PM)dreemurr555 Wrote:

Mr. Gatete, Can I tell you something? I've wanted to create a game for a LONG time. I wanted it to be like Mushroom Kingdom Fusion, but I understand that my original dream was too big. I made it smaller, but I made the mistake of requesting people to make a team and create my dream game for me. I understand that was a mistake. that left me with 2 options. 1, give up (No.) or 2, ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE. so, I decided that I would try and become a level designer for my project. I've made a few levels a long time ago in a program called Mariobuilder. Making rooms in the hello engine is quite similar to making levels in Mariobuilder, I find. But I have a problem. The only Giant Land enemy I saw included in Hello's Mario Engine was the Sledge Brother. so after editing in my own Sedge brothers inspired by SMW Hacks (mainly Mario vs. Bowser & Mighty No. 9), I decided to try and code them in. They all work perfectly. except I created new shell objects which can't be carried through pipes, and I may be too stupid to figure out what line of code to put where, so I want to give you some of my modified engines to see if you can fix the issues I'm having.

DM me them and I'll take a look at them

RE: i need some more help. - Videogamejunkie443 - 03-17-2020

(03-17-2020, 05:39 AM)Gatete Wrote:

I sent you a private message linking to 2 gmz files.

RE: i need some more help. - Videogamejunkie443 - 03-20-2020

Should I have sent you a DM from the main site? Because I did it from this one.

RE: i need some more help. - Gate - 03-21-2020

(03-20-2020, 05:02 PM)dreemurr555 Wrote:

I got the DM, it happens that you caught me a little bit busy due to the quarantine thingy on my country

RE: i need some more help. - Videogamejunkie443 - 03-21-2020

(03-21-2020, 05:55 AM)Gatete Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 05:02 PM)dreemurr555 Wrote:

I got the DM, it happens that you caught me a little bit busy due to the quarantine thingy on my country

I know you're busy, and I don't want to rush you, but I would really appreciate it if you would fix the problems with my engine. I would like to work on levels.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.