MFGG Forums
I would like to work on something small with someone. - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I would like to work on something small with someone. (/showthread.php?tid=2375)

I would like to work on something small with someone. - Videogamejunkie443 - 05-12-2020

I'd like to work on something small in GameMaker with someone. I can make levels, and I've even edited sprites and made enemies throw different projectiles, but I can't really code. Any coders out there, would you be interested in working with me? or are you not interested due to my lack of experience?

I've been using Hello's and Hello-type engines.

RE: I would like to work on something small with someone. - tarkan809 - 05-13-2020

Well I do have Game maker. I mean it's fine with me.

RE: I would like to work on something small with someone. - Videogamejunkie443 - 05-13-2020

(05-13-2020, 06:28 AM)tarkan809 Wrote: Well I do have Game maker. I mean it's fine with me.

Alright! Now, I've been working on a test area in Hello Engine 6.2 where I put custom enemies. It has multiple areas. There are SMB1 enemies and enemies that are based on versions of Mario enemies from ROM hacks. There are also enemies from the Wario Bike minigame from WarioWare Twisted. I've also put in most of the giant enemies. Gatete had to code in the giant Koopas, though. I kept getting an error when trying to carry them and the SMB1 Koopas I put in through pipes. I also have the giant Venus Fire Trap from Mushroom Kingdom Fusion in there.

SMB1 Bowser is currently a skin for Hello's Classic Bowser, but I made it so that it takes longer for him to jump, and I also made him jump higher. He doesn't die from fireballs though. I also made SMB1 Dry Bowser.

Would adding new power-ups to the modified engine be too much to ask?

RE: I would like to work on something small with someone. - Evan.F - 05-13-2020

I’m not a coder, but I would be okay with helping with sprites

RE: I would like to work on something small with someone. - Videogamejunkie443 - 05-13-2020

(05-13-2020, 10:37 AM)Evan.F Wrote: I’m not a coder, but I would be okay with helping with sprites

Thank you too.

I also made an Ice Bro in Hello's Engine, however, it's just a reskinned Fire Bro. Also, the SMB1 enemies are 8-bit.

(05-13-2020, 10:01 AM)dreemurr555 Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 06:28 AM)tarkan809 Wrote: Well I do have Game maker. I mean it's fine with me.

Alright! Now, I've been working on a test area in Hello Engine 6.2 where I put custom enemies. It has multiple areas. There are SMB1 enemies and enemies that are based on versions of Mario enemies from ROM hacks. There are also enemies from the Wario Bike minigame from WarioWare Twisted. I've also put in most of the giant enemies. Gatete had to code in the giant Koopas, though. I kept getting an error when trying to carry them and the SMB1 Koopas I put in through pipes. I also have the giant Venus Fire Trap from Mushroom Kingdom Fusion in there.

SMB1 Bowser is currently a skin for Hello's Classic Bowser, but I made it so that it takes longer for him to jump, and I also made him jump higher. He doesn't die from fireballs though. I also made SMB1 Dry Bowser.

Maybe you or someone else could add Luigi, too.

(05-13-2020, 04:09 PM)dreemurr555 Wrote: I also made an Ice Bro in Hello's Engine, however, it's just a reskinned Fire Bro. Also, the SMB1 enemies are 8-bit.

Alright, everybody who wants to join, favorite this post, because i think it's drowning.

Nevermind.

RE: I would like to work on something small with someone. - Videogamejunkie443 - 05-14-2020

(05-13-2020, 04:09 PM)dreemurr555 Wrote: I also made an Ice Bro in Hello's Engine, however, it's just a reskinned Fire Bro. Also, the SMB1 enemies are 8-bit.

just saving this post from drowning.

RE: I would like to work on something small with someone. - Videogamejunkie443 - 05-14-2020

Tarkan, Evan.F, thank you deciding to try and work with me.

RE: I would like to work on something small with someone. - tarkan809 - 05-23-2020

(05-14-2020, 07:45 PM)dreemurr555 Wrote:

No problem.

RE: I would like to work on something small with someone. - Evan.F - 05-23-2020

No problemo too

RE: I would like to work on something small with someone. - Videogamejunkie443 - 07-04-2020

(05-23-2020, 05:57 AM)tarkan809 Wrote:

No problem.

Tarkan, if you're reading this, I'd like you to code/port some enemies into my modified Hello Mario Engine. Would you do that?

RE: I would like to work on something small with someone. - tarkan809 - 08-30-2020

(07-04-2020, 10:21 PM)dreemurr555 Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 05:57 AM)tarkan809 Wrote:

No problem.

Tarkan, if you're reading this, I'd like you to code/port some enemies into my modified Hello Mario Engine. Would you do that?

Alright I'll talk to you in discord.

Sorry for my late response.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.